What Is A Landscape Design?
A landscape design is the culmination of all the steps listed below in most cases. For smaller projects, the information required is less involved than a larger project, however, we can not design a landscape without following these steps. The design or plan is the blueprint for the installation process.
Getting To Know You
The process begins with a discussion between our clients and our designer. We want to meet you, review your vision, identify your needs, and plan a solution for your home or business. This is a very important step in the process to ensure the project is successful.
Your immediate goals as well as plans for the future are key elements in crafting the landscape’s design. We can also need to find solutions for existing problems that need to be addressed in the design process such as drainage, inadequate lighting, or poor soil conditions. We are not shy about asking questions …
- Do you desire outdoor space for entertaining? If so, for how many people?
- Are you planning any additions to your home? Maybe a pool?
- Do you have favorite plants or specific colors you want to see in the garden?
- Do you need additional privacy and/or would you like to block any views?
- Do you have adequate space for parking?
- Are there any drainage issues that need to be addressed?
- Do you want to be able to enjoy the garden during the evening hours or during the winter months?
- What is your budget and how can we cast a vision for future care and planned phases?